ADDITIONAL ADVISORY FOR INBOUND/OUTBOUND INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS
The Office of the President through a Memorandum from the Executive Secretary dated 16 March 2020 provided for the Community Quarantine Over the Entire Luzon and Further Guidelines for Management of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) Situation. Two days after, another memorandum dated 18 March 2020 from the same office was issued modifying some of the provisions of the previous 16 March 2020 memorandum.
Accordingly, among others, it imparts that all outbound international passengers shall be allowed to leave. Hence:
Section 2(A) of the said Memorandum provides:
- Existing travel restrictions to Filipinos shall remain in place.
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs),
balikbayans, and foreign nationals shall be allowed to leave the Philippines at
- If traveling within Luzon for the purpose of such international travel, proof of international travel itinerary, with departure schedules within twenty-four (24) hours from leaving residence or accommodation, must be presented.
- All departing passengers may be accompanied by not more than one (1) person when traveling to any international port.
- The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration may provide transportation services to OFWs intending to leave for abroad.
With respect to inbound international travelers who are foreigners, they will no longer be allowed entry in the Philippines. This was confirmed on 19 March 2020 by the Department of Foreign Affairs (“DFA”) which announced the temporary suspension of visa issuance in all its Foreign Service Posts, effective immediately. With such announcement, all previously issued visas will be cancelled and foreigners with visas issued by the Philippine Foreign Service Posts would not be allowed entry in the Philippines. Thus, foreigners will be temporarily banned from entering the Philippines starting March 22, 2020 per the Department of Transportation’s advice This advisory has a limited application and shall not affect the foreigners that are already in the Philippines or foreigners staying here in the Philippines who are issued with or holding visas.
We hope that you will be guided by the above information. The Law Firm of Mallari Fiel Brillante Ronquillo and all its associates and staff wish for your well-being at all times.For your updates, concerns and queries, you may send your message and interact with us by liking and following our Facebook page and website at http://mfbr.com.ph/