PART III: Clarificatory Guidelines on COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP)
People were buzzing when Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) issued Department Order No. 209 Series of 2020 – the guidelines on CAMP. The employees were enthusiastic by the fact that they would be getting a one-time financial support from DOLE amounting to Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00) due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The employers on the other hand are left with unanswered questions due to the ambiguity of the said Order as to some terms.
On 18 March 2020, the DOLE issued DOLE Labor Advisory No. 12, Series of 2020, which provides the clarificatory guidelines in relation to the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP).
The following matters were discussed therein:
Who are those referred to as Affected Workers?
- Affected Worker refers to those employed in a private establishment whose operations have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. They refer to all workers regardless of employment status (i.e. regular, probationary, or contractual).
Can CAMP be availed by private establishments outside the Luzon Region?
- CAMP may be availed by private establishments nationwide.
What are the documentary requirements for the application of CAMP?
to the documentary requirements:
- DOLE issued a revised Establishment Report Form (ERF); and
- the Company payroll to be submitted may refer to the month of February, or earlier.
Where and how are the documents going to be submitted?
- The foregoing requirements must be submitted online to the appropriate DOLE Regional Office (RO), or any of its Provincial/Field Offices (PO/FO). Below is the directory where the applications may be submitted:
How will the employees be given the financial support of five thousand pesos (P5,000.00)?
- The concerned DOLE RO/PO/FO shall issue the financial support directly to the employees’ payroll account through bank transfer at the soonest possible time upon receipt of complete documentary requirements.
- For cash payroll, the financial support shall be received through money remittance.
When can we file an application for CAMP?
- The CAMP shall be effective on 21 March 2019, three (3) days after its publication in the Philippine Daily Inquirer on 18 March 2020.
- It shall be applied retroactively from January 2020.
We will keep you posted on any updates regarding the CAMP. Stay tuned.
For further queries on this matter or other legal concerns, you may contact us from Mondays to Fridays, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, through our email: email@example.com, and our website at http://mfbr.com.ph.