The Tax Department (“TaxDep”) of MFL & Partners can render tax consultancy and any assistance required in the ordinary course of a company’s business, and in ensuring compliance with internal revenue laws, rules and regulations. Our attorneys have a strong history of providing services in the tax law disciplines, internal tax management work, review of BIR reports, appearance in official government and business conferences. Our clients range from individual business owners to large multinational enterprises. We understand the burdens imposed by the BIR upon entrepreneurs and we aim to reduce, or preferably eliminate, the worries related to tax reporting and compliance as well as tackling tax assessments.
Our team of tax lawyers, accountants and paralegals are committed to high standards of responsiveness, and have significant experience working with local and foreign multinational companies.
This includes routine review of transactions based on the bookkeeping entries, supporting documents and information provided by the company’s management.
This covers the following:
- Review in the preparation, filing and payment of regular tax returns with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Assistance in the preparation of BIR required schedules, alpha lists and summaries in support of the foregoing returns
- Oral/routine consultations with the Company on tax matters and related regulatory concerns
- We shall also assist the Client in appearances before the BIR should there be a need to explain the Company’s compliance and payment of tax liabilities; and
- Provision of requested tax laws, rulings and regulations.